Gjakova Summer School for Entrepreneurship 2015 is an intensive two week program providing young entrepreneurs with the tools to move from ideas to success in creating and developing startups. This summer program exposes students to the skills that form the core of an entrepreneurial mindset—critical thinking, problem solving, leadership, and communication. These also happen to be the skills most sought by companies when hiring. The program is designed to teach the whole process from idea to execution and encourage participants to learn to think entrepreneurially. The program will take place in Gjakova, Kosovo at the BONEVET Makerspace from August 1st through August 15th 2015.
The course will be a combination of lectures, guest speakers, assignments, workshop sessions, meetings with companies, and will be finalized with the presentation of the ideas in front of a panel of potential investors. The following topics will be covered in detail: introduction and company presentations, identifying the need and market validation, people, finance, competition, business plans, executive summaries, pitches, business models, sales, and execution.
In addition, an added value to the second edition of the Gjakova Summer School for Entrepreneurship will be the study visit to Polis University, Tirane in Albania where participants will have the chance to attend lectures, meet with entrepreneurs, and visit several companies.
The program is open to:
● Students and others who would like to learn more about entrepreneurship or develop their ideas.
● Business people and other professionals who want to develop entrepreneurial aptitudes or actually implement innovations for spin-out from their companies.
● Civic leaders and others who want to understand more about leadership and entrepreneurship.
● Entrepreneurs and employees of early-stage companies who want to deepen their experience and knowledge base.
You will leave GJSS’15 with:
● Experience pitching before a panel of successful entrepreneurs and investors
● Network of international entrepreneurs, leaders, and diplomats
● Toolkits of sample executive summaries, business plans, and pitch decks